Every week I weed through over 80 blogs, looking for new reading material and writing advice. Considering how time consuming this is, I share the posts I find the most interesting here every week. If you’d like me to add your blog to my feeder or a link to my weekly tour, leave a comment on the most current tour or send me a link via Twitter @by_wjhoward.
All About Writers & Books
- Hurry over to Bookgasm to enter to Win Bite Me by Christopher Moore before Friday
- Author Interview & Contest with Diana Rowland at Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Book reviews that caught my eye this week, and the books that got added to my Goodreads to-read list:
- Book Review: I am Not a Serial Killer over at Book Chick City sounds fabulous
- Expiration Date by Duane Swierczynski looked so good I had to get on the wait list now for it at the library
- 5 bat Review: Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater got me to put the first in the series in my reading queue
- Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey – Review
- Creatures of the Pool by Ramsey Campbell, one of my favorite horror authors
- Don’t miss these every week:
- Nicole Hadaway’s movie & book reviews over at her All Things Smart & Scary.
- Win on Wednesday on All Things Urban Fantasy.
- This week’s Where Stories are Made: J F Lewis over at Book Chick City. Here are a few other articles and posts you’ll enjoy on writers’ spaces:
All About Writing & Publishing
- How I Became a Better Writer Thanks to Distracted, Hungover College Kids at Copyblogger, “But after years spent writing in professional newsrooms, I was surprised to discover how teaching college students actually helped make me a better student of the craft of writing.”
- Interesting posts from a few agents out there: On Confidence, or, WWDTD, title, title, title
- Query Letter Subject Lines: Act Now!! Get It While It Lasts! is hilarious in that anyone would actually do it
- Am I Good Enough to Epublish?
- Novel Survey Results, Part III
- Best and Worst of Writing over at Labotomy of a Writer