Every week I weed through over 100 blogs, looking for writing advice and new and interesting books to read. Considering how time consuming this is, I share the posts I find the most interesting here every week. If you’d like me to add your blog to my feeder or a link from my weekly tour, leave a comment on the most current tour or send me a link via Twitter @by_wjhoward.
All About Writers & Books
- It’s National Library Week and The Neverending Shelf posted Libraries: Your Home Away from Home and The State of Americas Libraries, both great reads. We reposted the later on the Wicked Writer’s blog.
- On Fantasy Author Jim C. Hines blog this week I happened across a creative idea for those who need help reviewing books in Mad Lib Reviewing I’m still chuckling. FAV!
- Just wanted to quickly mention that I love Paul D. Brazill’s blog.
- Author Interview ~ Nicole Hadaway at Listen to the Voices
- Book reviews that caught my eye this week, and the books that got added to my GoodReads to-read list:
- Over at Fiction Fixon, Review: Frost Moon by Anthony Francis and Review: Silver Kiss by Naomi Clark
- Over at Fantasy Literature, Waking the Moon: One of my Desert Island books, Under Heaven: Award-worthy, The Stones of Green Knowe: Very sad to see its end, and especially Primavera: A fascinating story
- Review: Hourglass by Claudia Gray at Book Lovers Inc.
- Ex-Heros at Bookgasm is not a favorable review, but I’m still tempted to read. And how could you not add a book like Body World when the review begins, “Imagine if David Lynch and David Cronenberg collaborated on a graphic novel.”
- Don’t miss these weekly features:
All About Writing & Publishing
- Publishers + Ebooks = Epic Fail on a Newbie’s Guide to Publishing really makes me want to self-publish FAV!
- Nurmal Resources PUBLISH ME! Contest on the Writer’s Beware blog
- Daydream or Die on Wordplay
- AutoCrit: A Helpful Tool for Editing Flash Fiction is about a fun tool you can try out on the Internet. I especially found the repeated word function helpful. Would love to know if anyone is paying to use this tool.
- Choosing the Right Titles for Your Work (Or: Heh, You Said Titular)
- James Moore on Deadlines over at Storytellers Unplugged